Sunday, March 7, 2010

Luke 1:46

"My soul glorifies the Lord and my Spirit rejoices in God my Saviour...


Mary calls herself blessed, chosen to bore Jesus even though she is unmarried.  Not only that, she says that from that time onwards all generations will call her blessed, not because she borne Jesus, but because the Mighty One has done great things for her! She, an unmarried woman, is pregnant! As all generations, they who are pregnant and unmarried are shunned by the community.  They will/may be condemned to death! Yet, she says that the Lord has done great things for her, trusting that all generation to come will call her blessed instead.  Oh, what trust she portray to you oh God... so amazing, in total acceptance, she accepts your Word.  Will I ever be able to do as what she did?  I really am not sure oh Lord.  Yet, in any manner that I can, I will learn to place my trust in You oh Lord.  For I know, I will be called blessed because of You, OH Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment