Friday, March 5, 2010

Busy

Besides the emo things that's happening to me (ya, my youth said.. eh, you've been rather emo on FB these few days hor???!! Emo is da word man), I've been rather busy as well.

One thing for sure, it's not easy to setup a business!  Haha, why?  Because I've set up my online business! I'm currently selling accessories online at velvethouze.blogspot.com and it's not that easy.  One thing for sure, because these items are to be sold online, I need to get pictures taken! And, sadly, at the moment, there isn't a budget for me to pay someone for it. So need to depend on kind people to help me take picture.  I've gotten a couple of friends who are cool enough to help me.  Still, because I am selling accessories, I have quite a number of them okay!  So cannot also overload my friends in taking the pictures.  So what I had to do is to give them a few and take... sigh, rather tough to find someone to take pictures.  I'm also trying to take a few of them! It's tough.... but it is fun.  The issue is, taking pictures does take some time, and time is something that I am quite lacking at the moment, amidst getting the website up and running, getting the orders and making sure the orders are ok, packing the accessories, making sure that postage is done and etc.. whew... I salute those who have been doing it for a while now.

Nonetheless, I am enjoying myself!  It's fun to be able to market and sell things that you love to buy! Oh yes, I have accessories fetish (wonder which girl doesnt)! I'm loving it whilst in the midst of the crazy time thingie.  I guess, it's really a juggle... need to learn time management (I suck big time on this!) and make sure that my 9 to 6 work and tasks are not neglected.

Another thing I'm learning is also allocating time to do devotion.  This takes time too! Oh, I'm not lamenting, but it's really about learning to allocate my time properly.  I think, in the midst of everything, it's really by spending time doing devotion and praying that I am able to still get the rest that I need and able to still take in a breather and say, phew, God, all in Your good hands.  Spending time with God has been keeping me grounded.  Granted, sometimes I do rush through my devotion, but in most time, I do try my best to quiet down myself and be still in God's presence.  It's all about learning right?  Learning to practice Contemplative Spirituality amidst all things, learning to practice being quiet in God's presence, learning to read and focus on what He wants to say to me (a lot ok!) and many more.  It's really, really wonderful, and I really do thank God for all the wonderful moments that I can spend with Him.  I am definitely far from perfect, far from practicing contentment, far from being 100% focus during my devotional time, far from being 100% still in His presence (sometimes my mind do wander, I tell you.. aih), but praise God for those little moments that I can spend with Him.

I hope, that things will get better in time.  But one thing for sure, I learn that when you place your trust and faith in God, there will be hope =)

No comments:

Post a Comment