Monday, September 1, 2003

It's been a while since I've written anything here. For some reason, I was either too busy (duno why) or too preoccupied with something. I guess another thing was I have recently reformatted my computer and this blogger address was no longer in my favourites, thus it slipped my mind that I do have a site here :D



Anyways, I'll just try to update things that have been happening to myselflor. Not sure if there's anything interesting, but here goes ....



Last Friday....



It's one of my free days (i have a lot this sem!!!)... and I've actually agreed to help out the ISA to set up a booth for the trip to mount BAwBaw... basically it was pretty bored as I dun think there's anyone who did signed up on that day. But then again, it was not so bad. Sat there for an hour or so and I hafta leave. I've agreed to help Melissa earlier, she needed someone to drive her to some places for interview, and me being free agreed to help out. At first we were quite blur and we don't really know the directions to the places we wanted to go. But then, it was quite coincidental as my fren's car was parked next to ours and he actually approached us and gave us directions! thanks Thy.. it was great help... ok.. the reason my fren needed my help was because she hafta write an article regarding art galleries around Gippsland.. and them being in towns nearby, she needed a driver as she doesn't have a car nor license to drive. That's where I come in.



Thus our journey began...



First place we went to was Yinnar. We first approach an art gallery by the name of Arc. Though it looks just like any other building on the outside (except for a big painting of cows on the walls...), it really does have the set up of a gallery. The actually have like rooms for artists to paint here. Beautiful paintings are around the whole place.. pretty interesting. The best part about the place was that on that day, Friday, a group of mentally retarded people, were to paint there... I've managed to catch a few glimpses of their artwork and it was magnificent! It looked very very good. These people are really artist. God created such beautiful artistic people you know, so don't look down on them for the gift that God gave them are sometimes more than ours. We were given a tour of the place and it looks nice. Nice to know that there are these kind of places around.



The next place we went was called Matchbox. It's also situated in Yinnar, just a little further up from ARc. Beautiful beautiful place. It really does capture my heart, touching it and melting it. The art shown was really really good. And the place was almost covered with stained glass! Beautiful beautiful stained glass.. havent seen them around except in old churches. Though these ones are simpler, it gives a feeling of gracefulness and beauty. The place was homey and cosy too, with the lady owner giving us a tour. It seems that his husband is the artist and they actually built the place from scratch... Wow... you can actually see the efforts that they've put into it. it's hard to describe it, but I guess you'll be able to feel what i've felt when you are there.



The last place we went was in Cow Weir.. it's sooooo far!!! It's like 27km from Traralgon ya know.. sigh... quite tired when i was driving there, guessed my lack of rest is taking a toll on me lor.... But yet, the place was really nice too... sigh.. the place was so spacious and empty, yet it gives not the feel of emptiness, but of cosiness and loveliness. The art that was on display was like, have a connection about sea, and it's really good lor.... hope that the pictures that I've tooked comes out good. I'm not artist nor anything, jes snapping away coz it looks rili nice... kekek.....really hope it'll turn out fine.



AFter that rite, i was actually rushing home coz there's movie nite organised by the ISA. I was soooo tired!!! But the movie was nice! So sweet you know, to know that the father loved the child so much till he's willing to do anything to get him back safe. Ya know, I guessed my dad was like that.. he's soooo protective of me till sometimes i felt so overwhelmed! Sometimes i cant take it lor.. but i guess coz i'm his only daughter.. and i do know that he loves me lor... aih.. parentslor....



Dunoleh, the movie was nice lor.... so cute!! kekee... reallly had fun tat day even tho i was so tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment