Tuesday, June 17, 2003

Hm, as I was packing, I came across a journal entry that I've made when I was in the airplane coming down here to Australia, just want to share it with you guys :D



22/2/03

In the airplane



It's now 11.40 pm. I'm on the plane, on the way to Australia Currently sitting with a stranger, but a friendly one too. I know my mom and dad and aunt is sort of sad that I'm leaving Malaysia. I think mom and aunt Shirley soort of cried. I left the place as I am, smiling cheerfully. It feels more like I'm leaving for a short trip instead of one long year. I sure am going to miss them a lot. I feel like crying now. A lot of my friends came to send me off, and I'm happy that they did. I'm really going to miss themlo. I really do. Oh God, I don't want to cry, please, help me not to cry.



I do not fright... I mean I am not afraid of airplane. It looks so beautiful, to be able to see the airport from above, to know and to see the place all lit up. It's just so plain beautiful. Pity it ain't bright light... I mean brad daylight, coz I think it will be even more beautiful.



Well, the service in the plane is so so. The food was really not nice, but nevertheless I had some as I've skipped dinner earlier. At least the flight attendant looks friendly.



Drina and everyone from the church really gave me a cameralor. So very nice of them! Anyway, I'll email them to give them thanks. I really thank You God for giving me the chance to meet up with such wonderful people. You have been really good to me. Sook Ngoh gave me a cute dolly. Really will cherish all the gifts that I have received.Siew Leng gave me the lip gloss from Body Shop, strawberry flavour. Although it's not the flavour that I would have wanted, but nevertheless, it's something.



It's almost 3 in the morning in Malaysia. I think everyone's asleep back at home liao. I was looking out at the sky a few minutes earlier and I can see the stars blinking outside. I could feel such serenity in me, like there is such peace in my heart. But now, there's only darkness outside. Not a darkness that overwhelms, but just darkness.



I am actually sleepy but I can't sleep. Took out my contact earlier as it felt dry. Don't think I'll be wearing it tomorrow as I am tired. It really is a long and boring flight.



4.20am:

The sky is clearing up. The clouds looked like ice. So beautiful, so not moving. It's as though things are moving slowly up here. Such beauty God created. Amazing sights, the long hours are worth it.



A penny for my own thoughts. There's so many things that is going on in my mind. Yet, I can feel that my mind is blank.



Wow, i can see land: buildings down there. The sky is really clearing up. It's so beautiful. The sun is actually shining towards the airplane. I can see its ray. So wonderful to be able to sit next to the window, to be able to see a glimpse of God's glory.. so magnificient.........



4.30am:

i have just had my breakfast. hm, in the middle of the morning for me. i guess breakfast was alritght, just that the packet juice(orange) was kinda sour. all went well during breakfast. Hm, let me list down the menu: a croissant, a bread, butter and strawberry jam, tea, orange juice and a banana yoghurt. Quite a heavy breakfast for me I think.



There's a little baby girl sitting at the next aisle. Soo cute!! Blonde hair with big blue eyes. Such pretty little thing. She leeps staring at me and Ching Wern, the person sitting next to me. She's now playing with a mineral water bottle. So pretty.



I think i'll be arriving in melbourne aiport in about an hour's time. Wow, an hour to a new place. Well, figuratively speaking lar. I will still hafta wait to pass the immigration and then I'll hafta line up to check out. Sigh,... so mah fan lor.



Oh wow, they sky outside is wonderful. It's as though everything's still. The Breakline of the ocean and the sky is bright orange, and then smoothen to light orange and the light blue to dark blue. It's as though the sky is the ocean. Oh, the land down there is not ocrean. It's sort of like a desert. Wah lau.. miles and miles of empty land. Keng ar, .. or are those clouds??... now i'm confused... I'm not sure, but it's just beautiful, indescribable beauty. I think this is what indescribable joy sort of mean.... such joy.. such feeling....



:::::The end::::



A long entry, but a memorable one. As i was typing it out, the flashes of memories crossed through my mind. A new beginning.... something new...

No comments:

Post a Comment