Friday, July 30, 2010

Organising: One in Two Out Practice

As some of you who are reading my blog would notice that I've currently started re-organising things in my life.  I'm starting with the physical things, so that I will be able to spread it to the emotional and spiritual side.  I don't think it's easy, because I always carry the "I think I'll need this for one of these days" or "This will definitely come in handy later".  I realised that this is causing me to hoard things and it's really hard to let go of thing when I'm in this mode.  So the decluttering session has happened.

I'll be very honest in saying that there are days where I still give in and ended buying additional stuff to add to my ever growing pile.  But I'm starting to do practice what I've read, which is to throw things for every new things that comes in.  Instead of doing the one in and one out method, I'm attempting the one in two out method, because I still need to get rid of more of the existing stuff in my room.  I'm still cheating though, for I'm still throwing papers away =p  But papers tend to be thrown a few more than just two, so I'm guessing that's a start. Let's hope that I'll be able to keep it up eh =D

No comments:

Post a Comment