Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Declutter Sessions On!

Okay, I wrote a while back about organising my life and all.  Having read a number of blogs about organising, I realise that I tend to accumulate stuff and get attached to them; be it for reasons such as, it's a waste to throw them, or even just because I am plain lazy to take action to clean up.  In order for me to be able to start organising things in the physical sense, I need to start decluttering.  It's a super painful process, because I have a weakness for papers and stationeries; and these stuff can really accumulate and take up space I tell ya.  

I like to play around with stationeries, for the reason to design simple cards for friends; hence I have a bunch of pens lying around!  Well, the reason they are lying around is because my lil pouch that holds them were sooo packed to the extent whereby I can't even zip it.  That's the reason for the spillage.

I finally decided that I need to declutter it!  And out spill all the contents! Woah, that's heaps of pens I tell ya. What I did was to try out each and every pens to see if they are usable, or if they will be useful for me in the near future.  Those that are useless are then removed.  Check out the number of pens I threw!

Okay, with that done, I chucked all my stationeries back into my pouch:

And my attempts to zip it works! Woo Hoo! I am so happy with this.

Well, at least there's a start somewhere.  Surveying my table and room right now, I am sure there's a whole lot more decluttering to do.  But I guess I will start slow.  No use doing it at a go, and end up being soo tired that I cannot even finish one corner (this, I say from experience ok).  I am satisfied with what I have done and so I will be sure to tackle subsequent area next (eye-ing my drawer).  

I do like the 15-minute organising session which a few websites states, so I'll see when I can start doing it, since one decluttering session may take me a while! Haha... blessings

No comments:

Post a Comment