Sunday, June 20, 2004

I am really tired, sleepy and blur at the moment. Nevertheless I will update my board as I am online anyways. Well, I woke up very early today, at the least very early for me. I woke up at 9 plus and left the house at 10 plus. Reason for this is I need to get down to Masjid India to get a Punjabi Suit. The trip's really nice, saw heaps and heaps of cool and beautiful punjabit suits.. but they can really cost a fortune!!! ARghh.. wish I have the money to buy one that's really nice. Oh well, I've settled on a purple one, simple and nice enough for me. But it took me hours and hours. There's like clothes there that's really worth the price. Don't mind going there again to get good bargains (there's lots of it also, can get discounts!!)



Was doing devotion and found it quite refreshing. Was asked to write down 20 things that I should give thanks to. Will change our perspective in life. Give it a try, no matter you're feeling down, sad or bored, write down 20 things in life that has been good in your life and still is.



Mine's listed below:

I am thankful for God:

1. For being alive

2. For having a loving family

3. For loving me eventhough I turned away from Him at times

4. For all the friends in my life

5. For friends who are far away but yet remembers me

6. For the close friends who surrounds me spiritually and mentally

7. For the job that I have now.

8. For the ability to listen, to hear

9. For the ability to talk, to sing

10. For the ability to walk and do things with my hands

11. For the love that has been poured out to me by the people around me

12. For the support that I get from my dearest friends

13. For the abiliy to cry and to laugh

14. For being able to see

15. For being able to feel, to sense

16. For having shelter over my head

17. For having a bed to sleep in at the end of the night

18. For having the sense of security

19. For being able to do the things that I like and love to

20. For this wonderful place where I can spill my thoughts out



Sometimes it's hard for us to be thankful for the things that we have right now. We have the feeling of wanting more, and thus we seek more and be easily frustrated when we don't get them. If we were to focus not on our frustrations but be thankful for the things that we have in our life, than things would be different in us wouldn't it.

3.

No comments:

Post a Comment