Wednesday, October 4, 2006

Testimony on New Job

God has been truly good to me, really leading me in many of my decision making opportunities. This is one of them which I want to share with all.

Beginning of year 2006, I’ve thought of changing job. I’ve planned to change around after March, after I get my bonus. Well, my plan is just.. Well, my plan. But God showed me that He has other plans for me. I’ve sent out my resume during the start of the year, on and off, waiting for news to come in for an opening. But it was not so. My waiting continues to be, just that, waiting. It went on for so long that during the month of May, I actually asked God this: Am I such a useless person that no one wants to hire me? Is my resume so bad? Am I deemed to be working in the company for a longer period? I truly did feel that I’m not good enough. But you know, God is truly amazing, and He truly hears my prayer and my questions. And He has his own way of answering my question. A friend called up to inform me that there is an opening in her company, this is an international company by the way; and I casually asked her if the position is alright. Well, I met up with my friend and she informed me of the challenges and the on-goings and etc and so, I’ve passed my resume over to be submitted. Amazingly, the manager for that position informed my friend that he is impressed by my resume and wants to meet up. Even in the email that he sent to me states that. You know, I truly know that it is God’s way of telling me that I am good enough, that I am worthy enough, and I truly am thankful for that.

Well, I went for the interview and I realised one thing after that, that God wants me to wait, I don’t have the peace in my heart to take up the job even if it’s offered to me. And clearly, I know in my heart that God says “September” to me. So I told God this, Lord God, if You want me to wait till September, then fine, I shall wait as You’ve asked me to.

So after that, I continue to focus my attention to my work and occasionally send out my resumes. I started sending them more frequently during the month of June and July.. Definitely so cause September is just around the corner. Still, there is no news and I started to get a little worried. But my heart still continues to pray and uphold this to Jesus.

Miraculously, the last week of July marks the change in my life. Calls from companies started to come in, asking me try out certain positions and to attend interviews. I truly thank God for the chances He’s given me, to meet with the different persons and the different companies.

Even during this time, I was still seeking God for the right job. I’m not very sure what I want to do, still seeking and still learning. But one thing for sure is that I don’t want to work in a place where God does not approve. Hence, I continue to pray and commit this search into His hands. Finally, it was narrowed down to two, and it was probably like one of two weeks before September comes. And furthermore, I would need to give an answer to my then current job by first week of September on whether I am to renew my contract or not. One of the jobs that I interviewed would only give me an answer two weeks later as they regional manager would only be back then. So, on Tuesday on the last week of August, which coincides with the revival night meetings, I went for an interview in the morning. Before I enter the place, I prayed and told God this, God I know that there would be two companies who may be offering me a position. But God, I am not looking at the money, but rather, Your approval. I pray that the right job would be the job that offers me a position first. You decide which one is going to offer to me first and I will follow it through. Once again, I cannot emphasize enough on how miraculous God works. ON that day of interview, the manager offered me the position on the spot! I was so thankful and so utterly speechless after that. God is really amazing when it comes to answering prayer.

From this too, I’ve learnt not one, but two lesson. The first is that God really does answer our prayers. Sometimes we feel that He doesn’t, but He does. It’s just that His answer for me from the beginning was to wait. And when we obey, we will be able to see God’s handiwork in our lives.

Another one is what Proverbs 19:21 says, “Many are the plans in a man’s heart, but it is the Lord’s purpose that prevails.” You see, I can make whatever plans that I want and decide on when to execute it, but at the end of the day, it is our Lord Father who decides for us.

So, praise God for His works in my life and I pray too, that everyone would be able to see God’s work in your lives and you continue to walk with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment