Friday, October 6, 2006

Challenge of Faith for the day.

I was very challenged and encouraged by certain statements made in my devotional book today and I would like to share with everyone:

"If we are in Christ, we are in the ministry"

"God calls us to be faithful wherever He puts us"

WE are to be faithful: "To be as serious as a heart attack about God and to encourage others to be as well"

"God calls us to be ministers everyday, everywhere"

"God doesn't call the qualified. He qualifies the CALLED"

Ya know, I was talking to a friend and we came to conclusions that there are Christians out there doing ratings about our faith. I remember a conversation (my friend as well) whereby my Christian friend told me this, "you're different ma, your level is different, so expectation in faith also different. "

I was quite stunned! I was like, hello? What you mean level is different? Fine, I do understand that certain people understand certain things at certain age, whereby your maturity comes into play. But don't you think we ought to strive to draw closer to God and come to realise that this world we're living is temporary? Why do you rate and grade people's faith? I do understand that there are certain people around who's faith is still wavering, who is still seeking, so just found the truth and all. But we are called to be ministers! Ya know, new believers challenges our faith! They ask questions that sometimes we never ask ourselves. I know I was very challenged by my friends' faith! They really believe like kids and it amazes me that certain things that they take into account is so ...accepting. I was ashamed of myself and that helped me to buck up!

No, I was not challenged in the way that I must force myself to know more than them, but rather, to build up my own faith as well! It challenged me in asking more in church, during classes and also to read more of the bible.

Hence, brothers and sisters in Christ, be encouraged and challenged by what I've written and let us continue to build our faith and walk on with Him, the one that has given us LIFE and LIFE abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment