Friday, October 27, 2006

Prophecy of Jesus being the Messiah

Realization hits me! The old testament prophesy of Jesus' coming years before He was born and us, being around.. read of it, heard of it. But I come to understand this, that Jesus came and fulfilled the prophesy of His death, so that we may LIVE

Old testament:
So they weighed out for my wages thirty pieces of silver... throw it to the potter-that princely price they set on me

new testament:
For 30 shekles, Judas sold Jesus to the Pharisees and such, sealing and fulfilling the prophesy

Old testament:
He was oppressed and He was afflicted, yet He opened not His mouth; He was led as a lamb to the slaughter

new testament:
Jesus was whipped, tortured and was led by the Roman soldiers up to the calvary, but He did not complain nor lament..... He accepted the affliction caused

Old testament:
And they made His grave with the wicked-but with the rich at His death

new testament:
He was crucified with the robbers/thief- and buried by Nicoedemus at the cave

Old testament:
He poured out His soul unto death, and He was numbered with the transgressors, and He bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors

new testament:
Jesus prayed and said, Forgive them Father, for they know not what they are doing

Old testament:
He was bruised for our iniquities; the chastisement for our peace was upon Him, and by His stripes we are healed, All we like sheep have gone astray

new testament:
Did not Jesus suffered the afflictions by the ROman torturous methods? By His stripes, WE ARE HEALED

Dear Father in heaven,
Ya know, Following U is something that I want to do, and it hits me when I realise what great sacrifice U've done so that we may come before U once again. Father, I ask for Ur forgiveness, for I've done a great lot of things that is not right by Ur sight. Forgive me Father. I come before U today Lord.. not asking for anything, but wanting to be in Ur presence...

No comments:

Post a Comment