Monday, October 9, 2006

Just Want to share something I've read with you

The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,
to know the word that sustains the weary.
He wakens me morning by morning,
wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. (Isaiah 50:4 NIV)

BE A BOAR!

A wild boar was busily sharpening his tusks against a tree in the forest when a fox came by. “Why are you wasting your time in this manner?” asked the fox. “Neither a hunter nor a hound is in sight, and no danger is at hand.” “True enough,” replied the boar, “but when the danger does arise, I will have something else to do than sharpen my weapons.”

It is not time to prepare our defense when the enemy is on the horizon. That is why boarding an airplane may be more inconvenient these days because it is better to find a weapon on the ground than having it brandished while in the air.

Do I sharpen my spiritual defenses on a regular basis or is my thinking more in line with the fox’s “late is great” mentality? Do I awake each day zealously looking for time to listen to what God has to say to me in his Word and then to follow it? Are my ears truly open or do I have an earful already? Am I prepared to be bombarded with desires to live in a way that satisfies a sinful urge for pleasure? Has God instructed me for times of spiritual weariness when disease rages through me? Am I spiritually equipped to live in a world where evil regularly smirks in apparent victory? Is my tongue ready to encourage and sustain the weary with something more than homespun philosophy or wishful thinking?

Be a boar. Be proactive. Take up God’s Word, the Bible. Learn how to use it. Use it regularly. Open your ears to God’s calling. Keep Satan away. Be sustained. After all, what is amazing about Isaiah 50:4 is that it is foremost a prophecy about what Jesus would do when he walked upon the earth. Although Jesus was true God, as a true human being he would be instructed by God the Father and use the words of the Father to sustain us, the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment