Saturday, July 31, 2004

Truth or Dare



Was surfing around and came across this. It coincides with what I wrote in the afternoon today, which I want to share with everyone. God can be amazingly humourous sometimes. So here goes...



A revelation hit me today with regards to the game, truth or dare.This game is such a hit amongst people of all ages. To me, it's a game of choice. We make a choice while playing, a choice to tell the truth, another to play a dare (with reason you don't want to tell the truth).



What hits me is that if you choose to tell the truth, it means that you 'dare' to tell the truth and that you have to courage to do so and to face whatever critiques or sneers or smirks from your 'friends'. In this world that is filled with lies (white lies are still lies) it takes a daring person, a courageous person, a gutsy person to stand up to the truth. Jesus is one person that I know that never backed down when he was dared to tell the truth. The Pharisees dared him, and many times he took up the dare to tell the truth. He is the testimoney of truth. He lived the life of truth, and choice that he made and willing to carry it through. He died , he layed his life down for truth, for the choice he had made. It happened two thousand years ago.



Since then, many who are followers of Christ joined Him, taking up the dare and proclaim the truth. Many are persecuted for their choice. Many died for their choice. Even today, in neighbouring countries like China and Pakistan, thousands are still making that choice. And many are still being persecuted, being killed for their choice.



For us who live in a democratic world.. are we making that choice? I am willing to admit that I failed many times, the little white lies that I've said to my family, to my friends and to the people around me. It is a choice, a choice to be daring in telling the truth. Lots of times we shrank from telling the truth due to fear, fear for other's feelings, fear for what they think of you, fear for a whole heap more...Thus, we chose fear instead. But if we take that tiny step to tell the truth, we'll free ourselves from fear. I encourage you, and also myself to take up this dare from me. Tell the truth. Your truth makes a difference. Every truth that comes from our mouth frees us from fear, every truth that comes our from our mouth slices the devil, who is the father of all lies. So give it a try, tell the truth...



I DARE YOU!!













No comments:

Post a Comment