Monday, February 2, 2004

I don't update my blog as often as I did in the past. For some reason I don't feel like writing as compared to last time. Am I growing out of this phase? I wonder... yet, writing is something that I love to do most, especially to write from the bottom of my heart. It is the one way in which I could express myself better. I'm not really good when it comes to talking, nor am I that good in writing, but I guess I am use to writing what I feel, hence it makes me better in writing than in talking.



Sigh, I'm crapping again. Well, time to update myself I guess. Went for an interview recently. It went alright I guess. Funny thing is that I wasn't worried about it at all. I guess I was too frustrated with the road condition that I wasn't bothered with the interview. I was caught in traffic jams at two areas which is not suppose to have jams! Seriously, Malaysian drivers need to be educated. Either that or the system will hafta change. I do hope that they will change, as it will mean less traffic jams, better drivers, less accidents and etc. Sigh, why does bribery exist so much in this country. Sometimes I find myself losing faith in the system of this country. Traffic police and its history of bribery (which, btw, they are still making this history), driving schools and its bribery. We were talking about this the other day, my friends and I, and one of them mention this: "The government holds the road campaign every year in hopes that accident rates will be reduced, but it never happen. And it will never happen unless the system changes, if there's no more bribery in driving schools and the driving exam board. If the system doesn't change, nothing will change." My friend said that Mel and I have become more critical after having been back overseas. And I won't deny this. There's such a vast difference between Australia and Malaysia. I do not wish Malaysia to be exactly like Australia, but I do wish that things are better here as I do love Malaysia and I don't want it to be a country that leaves bad impression. Bribery is alive and is everywhere. I do hope that people will come to realise the bad side of it and will come to terms not to accept bribery. Unless the government is willing to change its root, I guess it will continue to be alive and will continue to spread.



Having been overseas has truly open my eyes to see that the norms here shouldn't be a norm at all. I always say this when there is a mention of traffic police and bribery, "Aiya, it's like that one geh lar, the police set up road blocks and all because it's the season for them to get bribe money." I wish one day that I won't have to say this out aloud, but rather I could be proud of the Malaysian police for its efficiency. Will this become a reality? I guess I will have to see

No comments:

Post a Comment