Tuesday, October 21, 2003

It's really amazing to know that God can do wonders for you. Today was the last Shine meeting for me, in guess some ways it is the last day of Shine for me in this campus. I'll be leaving after this year and I might be going home to Malaysia lor.



I came here, being blur, not knowing if I'll be able to adapt, not knowing if I'll be able to know friends. But you know, when I first made the choice to contact Leon and to attend the first Shine gathering, things began to change in my life. I get to know more people, people who love God and who seeks to follow Him. Though things are really different from back home, it amazes me that God would bring us all together, all from different backgrounds, from different countries, churches and so on so forth and joined us all together in One Spirit and one love.



It amazes me that we can just get together to worship the One God, so many differences, yet when we come together for this one purpose, we became one.



Today during the shine praise and worship, Chris sang a song that made me teared up. The minute i know what he's going to sing, my eyes were already wet. This song means a lot to him, and I would know why. Everyone who heard the song before would understand why. Don't give up, don't ever give up because someone rili loves you and cares for you. The lyrics hits you in your face and your heart. Sometimes we would find that we're struggling so much and so hard about things that we forgot that we don't really need to, all we have to do is just cry out for Him. I have been struggling for the past week about some issues. It comes to the point that I hated myself for being so and for fighting it. But on Sunday, I made the choice, together with Hermanna, to let it go, and to leave it at Jesus' feet. Ya know, in that instant, I know things would be ok. Praise the Lord, for my spirits are lifted and I am quite myself again, the always smiling, always silly girl. Dont' give up because you're struggling, don't give up thinking that no one cares, coz there is... He cares, He knows what you're going through. Just ask HIm and He will give you what you desire, what you need. Be strong knowing that He will help you to when you are weak. He loves us so much, yet He doesn't push us, He wants us to come to Him by our own will.



Today's sharing was really good. The past year has been great even though there's ups and downs. He lifted us up and gave us strength to carry on. I know in my heart that I have such amazing friends here. So true and so real. I don't have to worry if there's something else. I didn't share today, coz I know I would be crying non stop if I do. But you know, I believe we all know each other well enough to know what we're thinking during that time. Really really thank God for the friends he's given to me. Really thank God for His patience with me. I know I am stubborn at times, not wanting to listen to Him and not wanting to let Him help me. But His patience breaks me, making me open up, surrendering my all to him. He truly is a God who loves me.



To many of my friends who's reading this, though we might not have the chance to meet again, I just want to let you know I truly truly cherish you and I truly truly love you. The memories we've made the past year will forever be in my heart and soul. KNow that I will never forget you. Thank you for your acceptance of me, for your love and care you've shown me. Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment