Monday, February 26, 2007

End of CNY holiday

Woah time does pass us by fast. It's now back to work for most of us and... sigh, dreading work man. Thankfully, today things are quite slow and there isn't much for me to do. Quite happy about it. But starting tomorrow things would definitely be hectic and I need to brace myself for what's to come.

So how's my CNY? As usual, been collecting angpaus and all. But lesser this year. I guess it's a good thing as well, coz I've been hanging out with friends which whom I've not met since high school! It was quite awkward seeing them earlier on, but I'm sure as we get to know each other again, things would be cool. Went back home town too... so here's some pictures for you guys to enjoy.


Went to the market with my mom and brother on the 30th chinese calender and it was pouring within half an hour we got there. Everytime when the rain subside a little, we would pack and leave, but the minute we start moving, it started pouring like crazy again! We waited for about more than an hour when mom decided that we would run to the car!! She said there's just too many things that we need to prepare and so, we rushed off. It felt like we were in a maze, trying to get to the car without literally drenching ourselves (fat chance!)... it was quite an experience! A fun one I would say :)



Went back to hometown with my mom and dad. Got cheated by my mom and ended up staying the night back there. I never realised how bad the condition was in that place until I saw the rotten buildings all around us... that place is rather old and quite nostalgic for me. I remember the whole gang of cousins going to the noodle shop opposite my late grandpa's place having our "lai fun" and drinks there, or going to the nearby convenience store to buy sweets or icicles... it's quite a different thing, because the money slang used is different. I remember having to adapt to using "chien" whenever I go back there as in the city it's called differently. Very nostalgic...


Met up with a friend whom I've not met for 2 years! Gosh, I never realise that he's been gone to Australia for two years now. It's been great meeting up with him. He never really did change, still the same person still! As funny and dong dong as ever! I was kinda stunned by him for a moment still. He actually told me he's a christian out of the blue. Stunned because he is so bold and direct and he doesn't care what was said by our fellow friends! I'm so excited for him. Am thankful to God that he's part of a big family now :)


Went to meet with a Singaporean friend (don't have her picture!) who came up for a visit along with Mel. She candid us two together doing something silly... quite a weird picture... oh well



Went to a friend's place to hang out during the break and we had fun! We were making pizza as dinner (I think we made about 7). It is rather quite tasty man. I think I would try to make it if I do have a chance again. It's quite fun! We played fireworks after that, in a super quite neighbourhood. Gosh, the fireworks are quite loud man. hahah... never realised it. We were like preparing to run in all directions should police come. Quite funny!

That's all the updates for now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment