Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Earthquake in Malaysia

An earthquake hits Malaysia early this morning a little later after 12 am. It was so bad that everyone in the condo where I am staying evacuated. It lasted for quite a while, for after a few minutes after I came down, people were still running down. It was really scary to feel things around you shaking, and it's not those minor shaking. It's a shake that will not allow you to stand still. A colleague of mine couldn't even stand when the earthquake hits. It was that disorienting.

Malaysia was said to be one of the safest area when it comes to earthquake, because we weren't supposed to get earthquake. But reality hits, nature is changing its course and habit. People of the world, I think it's time we wake up from our slumber.

It seems that the second one hit at around 2 something.

Today, at around 2.30pm another bout of tremor was felt by the people in Malaysia. Am still in the office, we weren't called to evacuate even though the building next to us was called to. I have to say this, I'm scared...

Father Lord, please calm me down, I'm scared, I'm truly scared. But I don't want to panic, because I know it's not going to help. Please of Prince of Peace, let me feel peace in my heart. Don't let fear take hold of me.

Matthew 24: 3-8
3As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. “Tell us,” they said, “when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?”

4Jesus answered: “Watch out that no one deceives you. 5For many will come in my name, claiming, ‘I am the Christ,[a]’ and will deceive many. 6You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains.


This are all just the beginning of birth pains... it is just the beginning...

No comments:

Post a Comment