Sunday, February 9, 2014

Surrender.... Again

Been dragging my feet and procrastinating in my walk.  Randomly reading a blog today and came upon an entry by Dale Partridge with the title Availability is the Fight.  Honestly, I clicked at it just to have a read and what do you know?  The word surrender pops up in the short article.  How much of a coincidence can one get when it happens time and again?  Here are some quotes from the article which I found is quite profound and truly "define" what surrender means:

"He told disciples to surrender every dimension of their lives to God.  Their work, their fears, their family, their success.  Nothing shows your faith more perfectly than your willingness to relinquish the authority of your life and follow any directive given by your leader.  Surrender is the proof of real relationship and real conviction.  Surrender is the true evangelism.

It's not easy.  It's tough.  I'm not sure if I can do it.  I'm even afraid to try it.  How does one take a step to do so?  I honestly, truly do not know.  I guess... I need to start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment