Saturday, November 20, 2010

Decluttering Process in my Life

I read somewhere in Organising Queen that organising takes time and effort.  You also need discipline (I slack on that part) and to set aside time to do it.  It doesn't mean that you need to set one full day.  Just some time everyday to re-organise things.  Well now, before we go into organising things, we need to get rid of old things.

By habit and nature, I like to keep things.  If I do look/ dwell deeper, it runs in the family.  That aside (something I will explore later in my life), I realised that in order kickstart the organising of my life, I first need to do some decluttering in my life. 

I have a lot of papers lying around in my room.  Some I don't even know why I am keeping them and etc.  That aside, my chest drawer is a mess, it contains clothes and other stuff!  Woah, talk about being disorganised.  Taking the cue that I can do just a little bit a day, I decided to get started with my chest of drawers.  Like I said, the drawers are full of things!  I made a mental note of what I really want to be kept in each drawers (4 of them) and I decided to tackle them! Sorry, no pictures to show, too shy, coz it's in a serious mess.. haha... Well, I did not actually tackle all of them in a go, but I decided to tackle the 1st two drawers.  One is for shirts and another is for pants.  What I did was I pulled out everything that's in there, chucked aside all those that doesn't fall into the shirt or pants category and refolded my shirts and pants so that it could fit into those drawers.  End result's good!  I'm satisfied with it too.  

Doing this makes me think of my spiritual life too.  We always think that we need to do a whole lot of things and set aside a lot of time to God.  As I was sharing with my pastor, she said exactly that we just need to allocate time to God and we need to learn to be creative with it.  What I can do is, to wake up and spend half an hour with God; be it singing to Him, reading my devotion for the day, or just praying, talking to Him.  And I can end my day by allocating another half an hour to be with God; by doing my bible college study materials.  Then it just hits me, hey, that ain't so bad afterall.  I don't actually need to force myself to do it everyday and then feel bad because I'm tired and thus ended up not spending time with God at all.  Ever felt that way?  If you do, do join me to take some time and play around with time so that we can organise ourselves and set discipline in our lives, both in the context of spending time with God, as well as in the context of getting ourselves organised.  It's a process; like what my pastor said; it's a process which we need to learn to implement in our lives, so that we may learn to be able to discipline ourselves more.


No comments:

Post a Comment