Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The Sleeping Dictionary

I was just lazing around on Saturday night when the movie "The Sleeping Dictionary" came onscreen. I have read some reviews on it previously on the newspaper and found it interesting, but being the forgetful me, did not pursue to watch it. Nonetheless, with my initial interest in it, I've decided to watch it. And truly, it is quite interesting. I sat there watching it till past 1 at night with my mom, so there you go (plus my mom seldom watch english movies). Whether it's fictional or not, it does open up my eyes to see the beauty of Sarawak.

I'm not good at writing review and thus I will not pursue it here. But here's the sypnosis that I've managed to find:



Sypnosis:

In the 1920's, a young British officer journeys to a remote jungle outpost, where he encounters some unusual local customs: a beautiful young woman is assigned to ostensibly tutor him in the native language, but it becomes clear that she is some kind of army-allotted concubine. When the officer falls in love with the woman, both the military and the local tribe are thrown into turmoil.

No comments:

Post a Comment