Thursday, December 1, 2005

Never have I been so upset with any service company. Last night, I've tried connecting to my Broadband service and found that I can't access it. Thinking it might be related to my password, I called them up and enquire on the matter. Of all the things, they said that my account has been suspended due to non-payment! I was so appalled, for I've definitely made a payment back in October 2005. Furthermore, the recent bill that they've sent me indicated that I need only pay by 7 December 2005. Yet, my account was suspended. The lady actually asked me to call them again and select a different dept - billing dept. I asked, "Can't you transfer me over?".. her answer was, we do not have the system to do a call transfer! I went like huh??? What the heck, being one of the main telco in Malaysia, you do not have a simple system called call transfer. I said, fine, I'll call again.


Having connected to a guy - I spoke to him, asking him what has happened to my account. He informed me that they will suspend the account 36 days from the last payment. New system. I said" then y the heck do you state that I can pay by 7 December 2005 in the bill? Don't you think this is ridiculous then? Why weren;t the customers informed? " He apologised and said that they can't do anything, for this is how the system works. He actually have the gall to tell me that he got reports and calls like this previously as well. I told him point blank' "shouldn't ur company then review ur process and strive to serve your customers better???" Being severely upset, I grilled him to no end. He had the gall to tell me to call him back again, I told him, no, you hold on the line. We will settle this once and for all. I had to connect to the dial up connection, go through some hassle of locating my bill online once again, connect to the online banking service to make payment to them.


Not only that, I had to asked him what has happened to the RM50 which they are supposed to rebate it back to me. He again told me, new system, need to go online and request for ther rebate. Totally stunning, because a few months back, I encounter similar situations. I have tried calling them numerous times, and time and again i was asked to leave a voice message and they will call me back. NO ONE CALLED ME BACK. After numerous attempts, I managed to get through and informed them that I was wrongly charged RM50 for the installation when I installed the service myself. The lady who attended to me informed me that I gotta email in!!! No, they cannot log case or etc and escalate it. Appalled, I emailed them my dissatisfaction with the service provided and a guy called me back. He informed that I will be getting my rebate in a few months time.


This new guy kept on asking me to go online to request for the rebate. After a while, I finally dig up the truth. Old system takes about 3 months to process the rebate, and mine should be accorded to me by next month. Even then, he still wants me to go online. I told him "Look here, I do not want to go through such hassle anymore. If it is accorded to me and I should be getting it by next month, then fine. I'll wait another month."


Back to the 36 days automatic suspension. Was thinking through the conversation and found a loophole in their advise to customers. I paid on 28 October 2005. They suspended my line on 30 November 2005. Hello!!! WHERE'S THE EXTRA DAYS COMING FROM????? It's not even 36 days! I tell u, this is the 2nd time they've pissed me off. Too bad, this is the only company that provide broadband service in my area, they i'll be long gone.


Seriously, if they dare to charge me for reactivation, they are so gona get a call from me again. I don't hold it against the guy who served me, I know he tried his best, but I think the company better buck up. It may be that there's not much competition at the moment, but I tell you, customers will definitely leave the moment there's another broadband svc provider that rises from below. I know, this is my field as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment